Discussions have been ongoing on the OnePlus 8: OnePlus 8 Pro Receive Android 11 Developer Preview 3 Update. OnePlus creates beautifully designed products with quality and brings the best tech to users across the world. The company announced the development of the OnePlus community forum, which includes a list of key updates, some issues and steps to upgrade and also word of caution for people flashing their phones. This news comes after the company unmasks it’s Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 in China with a string of features, and improvements.
The company is one of the smartphone companies that provided an opt-in Android 11 beta program. According to Gadgets.ndtv.com, most developers and early adopters, who sign up for the program and are using any of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices, have been roped in to test the features first before it rolls out the masses.
OnePlus 8: OnePlus 8 Pro Receive Android 11 Developer Preview 3 Update
One Plus Technology Co, Ltd is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer situated in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It was founded in December 2013, by Carl Pei and Pete Lau. As of July 2018, the company officially serves 34 countries and regions across the world. The company has launched several phones, including other products.
Wikipedia stated that currently, it is majorly owned by Oppo as it’s the only shareholder, which is a part of BBK Electronics along with Vivo and Realme.
Android 11 Developer Preview 3 New Features
The following are the key updates in the Android developer
- It has a new visual design such as weather app, gallery, notes and launcher.
- Provides a new layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- There’s a live wallpaper that changes according to the time of the day.
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability.
- It has an Always-on display feature, including 11 new clock styles.
- Comes with a new gallery function. Which automatically creates a weekly story, based on your photos and videos.
- Optimized dark mode
- It has three new Zen mode themes, more timing options and new group feature.
These are the key features in the Android 11 developer preview 3, according to Androidcentral.
How to upgrade OnePlus 8 to Android 11 Developer Preview 3
Follow the procedure below to upgrade
- Navigate to download the latest version of the ROM upgrade zip package.
- If you downloaded it on a desktop device, copy the file to the phone storage.
- Go to settings.
- Select system updates and tap on the menu icon.
- Click on local upgrade and scroll to the file.
- Pres on the “upgrade” button
- Click on “system upgrade”
- Wait for it to install.
- After installing, tap on the restart button.
With these steps, you should be upgraded to Android 11 developer preview 3.