Tesla Battery Day: News And Updates From Elon Musk’s Announcement. According to Wikipedia, Tesla Inc formerly known as Tesla Motors is an American electric vehicle and clean energy company. It was founded in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. The name of the company then (Tesla Motors) is a tribute to inventor and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla.
However, the next three employees were Ian Wright, JB Straubel, and Elon Musk, all of who are named as co-founders of the company. Musk formerly served as chairman and is the current CEO, said in 2006 that “the overarching purpose of Tesla Motors is to help expedite the move from a mine and burn hydrocarbon economy towards a solar electric economy. And it would build a wide range of electric vehicles including affordable family cars and co-market SolarCity solar panels to do so. The company later acquired SolarCity in 2016.
The company has the currently has the following products, Electric cars (Model S, 3, X, and Y), solar products (solar panels and solar roof tiles), Battery energy storage from home to grid-scale (the Powerwall, Megapack, and Powerpack), and other related products and services.
Tesla Battery Day: News And Updates From Elon Musk’s Announcement
According to The Verge Tesla’s Battery Day event that took place on September 22, 2020, was a showcase for Elon Musk to display his company’s latest battery improvements.
The company unveils its plans to develop a million-mile battery that could last an electric car’s entire lifetime on the road.
It also outlined plans to dramatically reduce the cost of its battery cells and packs to $100 per kilowatt-hour, at which point experts believe electric cars will become comparable in price to combustion engine vehicles.
However, Tesla is already leading the industry, when it comes to squeezing range out of lithium-ion batteries in electric cars, but its ability to continue to innovate on its battery tech will help to explain why the company’s stock prices have soared in recent months.
Major News And Updates From Musk
Here are the basic announcement outlined by Tesla’s CEO Musk
- Tabless Battery cells will improve Tesla’s range. It plans to produce tabless batteries, to help improve its vehicle range and power.
- Model S Plaid cost and availability. According to Musk, the plaid trim level would cost more than their current offerings. The price on their website is $139,990. And will be available in model S by ending of 2021.
- A new cathode plant is coming, with the quest to reduce chain costs and simply cathode production.
- Eliminating of cobalt in the Cathodes. Cobalt is always mined alongside the condition that violates human rights, which triggered the push to find its replacement.
- A $25,000 Car is a new goal. The company has the end goal of building a $25,000 electric car, as it plans to reduce the cost of its battery cells and packs.
These are the key points Musk announced at Tesla Battery Day.