Are you searching for a foreign University for your doctoral program? If so apply for the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities. The Canadian government uses its highly reputable universities to run doctoral programs. They have the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program that enables Canadian institutions to get qualified doctoral students.
However the program is a yearly one, and all countries are eligible to participate. For the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities. Students have to consult the nominating institutions for submission deadline. For nominating institutions, the deadline is 3rd November 2020 (20:00 EDT)
Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities
Furthermore, Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities, was created to connect and produce world-class doctoral students. Also, to showcase Canada as a global center for excellence in higher learning and research. The Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship board assist students that have both leadership skill and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in Natural Sciences and Engineering, Humanities and Social Science, and Health.
However, the Scholarships is worth over $50,000 each year for about three years. It is both available for International PhD students studying in Canadian Universities and for Canadian citizens.
The information available for nominating institutions are for them to keep encouraging diversity in discipline, official language, gender, and citizenship when choosing which applicants to nominate for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
Types of Research
The area of research offered by Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities are:
- Natural Science and Engineering research
- Health research
- Social Science and Humanities research
Research work is all on Doctoral (Ph.D.)
Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study Eligibility
The Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship with the government of Canada opens up this program for Canadian permanent residents, Canadian citizens, and foreign students doing their doctoral degree at recommended Canadian Universities. For candidates to be considered for the scholarship you must be:
- Doing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as DVM/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. If it has shown a significant research component. Note that it is only the portion of the Ph.D. of a combined degree is qualified for funding.
- Dominated only be a Canadian institution, that must have received a Vanier CGS quota.
- Have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as if May 1, 2021
- Have a doctoral-level Scholarships or fellowship from CIHR, SSHRC, or NSERC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Also, applicants must have achieved a first-class average, as put by your institutions, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for the definition of a first-class average.
These are the basic criteria for all applicants to access the Scholarship.
Degree Programs Eligibility
The doctoral award is only for degree programs that have a significant research component. The research component is very necessary to complete the program. It is considered to be original and significant research that leads to the completion of the dissertation. A major Scholarly publication, performance, recital, and or exhibit that is reviewed on merit at the institutional level. It is a clinically-orientated program of study, including clinical psychology. They are also eligible programs if they have a significant research component as mentioned above.
Here are the scholarship selection requirements:
- Leadership potential and ability
- Personal achievement
- Academic Excellence, as seen by past academic results and by transcripts, awards, and distinctions.
- Research potential as seen on candidate research history, in his or her interest in discovery, the proposed research and it’s a possible contribution to the growth of knowledge in the field. The potential benefits to Canadians and any anticipated results.
- Involvement in academic life
- Civic engagement
- Volunteerism and community outreach
- And others
These are the selection criteria for the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship 2021/2022 Doctoral Study In Canadian Universities
To apply for the Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship candidate must be nominated by the University that they want to Study. They must apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
The number of Scholarships are up to 166 Scholarships and are awarded annually.
The value and duration of Scholarships are at $50,000 annually for three years. Visit Scholarships website at www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html for futher details.
The scholarship is awarded by the three Canadian federal funding agencies. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), and Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).